Help the medicine go down.
It sometimes takes more than a spoonful of sugar, particularly for children and elderly patients who have difficulty taking medicine in traditional forms. When it comes to prescription medications, "one size fits all" doesn't always work.
Why compound your medications?
Many patients are allergic or sensitive to the preservatives or dyes used in standard drugs, and some patients are lactose intolerant. A pharmacist can compound medications that are preservative-, dye- and lactose-free.
Mobile Pharmacy Solutions Pharmacy can now work with your physician to customize your medication's dosage strength and form to fit your specific needs. It's a service called "medication compounding."
Pharmacists may compound prescription medications to:
- Create patient-specific dosages to accommodate an in-between dose or to match a particular patient's weight and size
- Combine certain medications into a single dose
- Change the dosage form to one that's easier to take-creating a liquid suspension for a child who has trouble swallowing capsules or tablets, for example
- Develop allergy-free formulations, changing or removing inactive ingredients such as preservatives, dyes or lactose
- Compound topical pain formulations that are not commercially available, such as topical pain management formulations.
- Using their expertise, along with cutting-edge technology and standardized recipes, our pharmacists can prepare almost any prescription.
Dosage forms can be compounded for pain management, hormone therapy, veterinary use and more. Some examples of dosage forms that can be compounded include:
- Liquid formulations
- Creams, gels, lotions & ointments
Check out our Medical Compounding Menu and talk to your doctor to find out if compounded medications could benefit you or someone you know.
Our pharmacists will work with you and your doctor to determine if a medication can be compounded to meet your needs. We can also bill your insurance plan for your compounded medications.